The Campaign Manager will be responsible for overall planning and for day-to-day management and execution of the campaign. Specifically, the campaign manager will:
- Work with campaign leadership and consultants, help develop a timeline and overall campaign plan to win, including a budget and budget oversight.
- Ensure all aspects of campaign are implemented on time and within budget.
- Coordinate work of campaign leadership, coalition partners and consultants.
- Plan, and encact a field plan, earned and paid media plan and overall voter contact plan.
- Oversee various research include public opinion research.
- Assist fundraisers and meet directly with donors as necessary to meet goals.
- Hire, supervise and, if necessary, fire staff.
- When appropriate, act as campaign spokesperson.
- Responsibly execute the day-to-day decisions.
- Keep volunteers, staff, steering committee, funders, and vendors focused on the signature gathering effort and a November victory.
- Assume a proactive leadership role to foresee public and political opposition and deal with them in a timely fashion.
- Experience managing a statewide or large regional initiative or electoral campaign.
- Has experience working on signature gathering campaigns.
- Has worked with a diverse coalition.
- Has managed staff effectively.
- Interacted successfully with various consultants.