The Development & Events Intern will support several important events including WEC’s signature fundraising Gala (early April), events associated with Orca Action Month (early June) and other outreach events.
Event Planning and Execution Support
- Solicit and track several hundred in-kind donations from local businesses for silent auction and Mystery Bag fundraiser
- Maintain correspondence with over 350 in-kind donors regarding donation, pick-up, and acknowledgment of auction gifts
- Track supply inventory and packing list and provide general organization support of event materials.
- Assist with day-of event set-up and breakdown.
- Help manage and train event volunteers, with staff oversight.
Data & General Development Support:
- Check and distribute mail daily.
- Process any direct mail gifts, accurately tracking all information in Salesforce (on-site Salesforce training will be provided).
- Frequent donor follow-up (via phone and email) regarding outstanding payments, monthly giving renewal, etc.
- Support gift acknowledgment process and assist with in-house mailings.
- Take on data accuracy projects to help maintain accurate donor records.
- Generate new business partnerships through research and outreach.
- Help build our list of over 350 businesses currently donating to WEC’s Gala.
- Table and engage with community members at outreach events.
Required Skills, Experience, and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly over the phone and in email.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment and under pressure of event deadlines.
- An outgoing personality, persistence, and ability to connect with donors about WEC’s mission over the phone.
- Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Salesforce, Greater Giving, NGP/VAN, and Outlook are valued but not required.