Writing & Editing:
- Develops and creates communications assets utilizing race/class narrative and other relevant, important communications theories.
- Develop and create content for various communication channels and mediums employed by WEC/WCV, including but not limited to: emails, website, blog(s), print publication (Convene bi-annual magazine), organizational marketing materials, policy documents and one-pagers, speeches, talking points, online fund appeals, and direct mail letters.
- Work with Digital Communications Associate to develop and implement a common voice across our social media channels.
- Works closely with field team, development team, government affairs team, policy/program teams, and civic engagement teams on content development and execution for various communications needs.
- Writes online fund appeals and direct mail letters with development team consultation.
- Collaborate with Communications Director on press / media relations content, including press releases and press briefings.
- Works with Digital Communications Associate to develop website and blog editorial calendar.
- Works with Digital Communications Associate to develop an email editorial calendar.
- Works with Digital Communications Associate to develop social media editorial calendar and key messaging content.
- Forms staff workgroups based on various content projects:
- Work with development team on fundraising content
- Lead regular check ins and meetings to manage development work plans
- Works with Field team on communications and outreach projects
- Identify SEO strategies with Digital Communications Associate to maximize traffic to our communications media (website, email sign up, social media).
- Works with Visual Communications Manager and Digital Communications Associate on Convene, bi-annual print publication, creating project management lists and supporting management of projects, deadlines, and deliverables with Communications Director.
- Works with staff teams on various print materials, including white-papers, marketing materials, one-pagers, policy briefs, etc.
- Works with Communications Director on content for speeches and talking points documents.
- Drives strong interview and storytelling, centered on anti-racism and environmental justice, throughout different levels of the organization’s communications channels.
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to analysis and application of racial equity, anti-racism, race-class narrative, and environmental justice principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing written content for communications and marketing initiatives that support and advance organizational mission and goals.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple short term and long term projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of and interest in existing and emerging communications strategies, technologies and social media channels.
- Understanding of, and experience working with BIPOC populations, specifically communities of color.
- Ability to use online web based software to work remotely as needed.
- At least 2-4 years of experience with communications in nonprofit, advocacy, political campaigns, or equivalent settings.
- Ability to create quality content under pressure of a deadline.
- Knowledge of environmental issues, state political landscape, and a commitment to protect, restore, and sustain Washington’s environment for future generations.
- Knowledge of Associated Press Stylebook.