Candidates will be evaluated on the full range of their lived and learned experience, professional background, volunteer experience, and direct and transferable skills.
WEC/WCV is seeking candidates with a compelling combination of demonstrated experience and skills in some, or all, of the following areas: Experience serving as a CEO, Executive Director or senior staff member of an organization, division or department, not necessarily in a traditional environmental organization.
- Protect, restore, and sustain the environment.
- Environmental justice, racial justice, and equity.
- Electorally focused political action to ensure environmental stewardship of the state.
- Make decisions, often with partial information, in a deadline-driven environment.
- Work collaboratively and form strong working partnerships.
- Work with two strong, influential volunteer Boards of Directors and highly skilled professional staff.
- Steward and cultivate relationships with individuals and foundations as part of the organizations’ fundraising efforts.
- Build, manage, and report on organization-wide budgets.
- Map out a vision with multiple stakeholders and focus collective action to achieve it.
- Set priorities and manage multiple short-term and long-term projects simultaneously.
- Work within state policy, the legislative arena, and electoral politics.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing coupled with strong meeting facilitation skills.
- Lead with integrity.
Full Job Announcement and Application Process
The CEO hiring process is being managed by the Valtas Group and interested candidates can see the full Job Announcement at the Valtas Group website here. Candidates with questions or wanting to know more can also visit that link for contact information for Ed Rogan who is managing this process for Valtas.
Washington Environmental Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to dismantling structural racism and creating a welcoming work environment. WEC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are especially encouraged to apply.