WHAT IS A TOWN HALL?
Town halls are when your elected state legislators return to their district during the Legislative Session to talk about what issues are being addressed and debated in the Legislature. Since your legislators spend much of the session in Olympia, this is their opportunity to hear from the community they represent.
WHY SHOULD I GO TO A TOWN HALL?
Whether you think your legislator is making good decisions in Olympia, or you want to pressure them to take action, ensuring they are scheduling town halls and you are attending is a great way to make your voice heard. Read about the Environmental Priorities Coalition‘s top four priorities this year:
WHERE IS MY TOWN HALL?
Step 1: Find your district
Use the map below to find your Legislative District. (If you prefer to search by address, you can do that here.)
Step 2: Find a town hall near you
Check for a town hall icon in your district and find the details of your town hall. Do you know of a town hall happening that isn’t on our map? Email us to let us know and we’ll add it.
Step 3: Take action
If there is already a town hall scheduled in your district, great!
- Fill out the form below and let us know you’re going.
- Check out our Town Hall Tool kit and sample questions, then pick one or two to ask your legislator. Be sure to include the bill number and some background information on why you care about the bill.
- Watch this short video for some quick tips on how to be a great town hall activist.
No town hall scheduled?
- Legislators might need some pressure to get town halls scheduled. Click here to let them know you want them to schedule an in-person town hall to discuss the issues most important to their communities.
- Once they schedule a town hall, show up!
Let us know if – and why – you’re going to a town hall!
This helps us keep track of which decision makers are hearing from their communities and helps us build power for the environmental movement. Let us know if you have questions, if you want to find someone from your neighborhood to go with, or would like to share your motivations with others!