Please contact Kerry McHugh at (206) 631-2605 with any press inquiries.
Apr 14, 2015
Bill passes with bipartisan support; now heads back to Senate for concurrenceToday and for the second time this session, the Washington House of Representatives passed bipartisan legislation designed to modernize our oil transportation safety system and improve transparency with a vote of 58-40.
Mar 05, 2015
Urgency for bill increased with derailment and explosion of oil trains in West Virginia, OntarioTonight, the Washington House of Representatives passed the Oil Transportation Safety Now (HB 1449) bill with bipartisan support, 60-38. The bill now moves to the State Senate for consideration.
Feb 16, 2014The Olympian
- Editorial in The Olympian on climate change
Oct 09, 2013The Seattle Times
- Meeting the challenge of ocean acidification will require action at a level not yet seen from government, industry and individuals, write guest columnists Jay Manning and Bill Taylor.
Jul 18, 2013The Seattle Times
- For all of the partisan political tensions and financial turmoil of the 2013 Legislature, progress was made in Olympia on environmental topics.
Apr 19, 2013KPLU
- Inslee proposes cutting oil industry tax break
Apr 02, 2013Associated Press
- Gov. Jay Inslee signed into law Tuesday a bill he championed that would study the best ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Mar 31, 2013The News Tribune
- Governor Inslee pushing to close nearly a dozen tax breaks or shrink them, including a $40.2 million per biennium tax break known as the “extracted fuel” tax (the Big Oil Tax Loophole).