Please contact Kerry McHugh at (206) 631-2605 with any press inquiries.
Apr 03, 2014
- Long-time environmental leader will head two premier state environmental groups
Mar 24, 2014
Pollution Control Hearing Board’s ruling clears the path for expanded use of green infrastructure in Washington.At the end of the day on Friday March 21, the Pollution Control Hearing Board upheld the Department of Ecology’s updated municipal stormwater permits confirming the state’s new standards to protect water quality in urban waterways around Puget Sound, the Columbia River and throughout Western Washington.
Feb 16, 2014The Olympian
- Editorial in The Olympian on climate change
Oct 09, 2013The Seattle Times
- Meeting the challenge of ocean acidification will require action at a level not yet seen from government, industry and individuals, write guest columnists Jay Manning and Bill Taylor.
Jul 18, 2013The Seattle Times
- For all of the partisan political tensions and financial turmoil of the 2013 Legislature, progress was made in Olympia on environmental topics.
Apr 19, 2013KPLU
- Inslee proposes cutting oil industry tax break
Apr 02, 2013Associated Press
- Gov. Jay Inslee signed into law Tuesday a bill he championed that would study the best ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Mar 31, 2013The News Tribune
- Governor Inslee pushing to close nearly a dozen tax breaks or shrink them, including a $40.2 million per biennium tax break known as the “extracted fuel” tax (the Big Oil Tax Loophole).