Please contact Kerry McHugh at (206) 631-2605 with any press inquiries.
May 21, 2015
Skagit County Superior Court agrees that environmental and public health risks of dangerous oil rail project should be assessedSkagit County Superior Court dismissed Shell Oil Refinery’s appeal of a decision that required an environmental impact statement for their proposed oil-by-rail expansion.
May 14, 2015
The new safety standards issued by the Department of Transportation take too long to get dangerous tank cars off the tracks and contain loopholes that leave too many vulnerableThe new safety standards issued by the Department of Transportation take too long to get dangerous tank cars off the tracks and contain loopholes that leave too many vulnerable
Feb 16, 2014The Olympian
- Editorial in The Olympian on climate change
Oct 09, 2013The Seattle Times
- Meeting the challenge of ocean acidification will require action at a level not yet seen from government, industry and individuals, write guest columnists Jay Manning and Bill Taylor.
Jul 18, 2013The Seattle Times
- For all of the partisan political tensions and financial turmoil of the 2013 Legislature, progress was made in Olympia on environmental topics.
Apr 19, 2013KPLU
- Inslee proposes cutting oil industry tax break
Apr 02, 2013Associated Press
- Gov. Jay Inslee signed into law Tuesday a bill he championed that would study the best ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Mar 31, 2013The News Tribune
- Governor Inslee pushing to close nearly a dozen tax breaks or shrink them, including a $40.2 million per biennium tax break known as the “extracted fuel” tax (the Big Oil Tax Loophole).